About Quizzes

Albertson College of Idaho

Albertson College is located in Caldwell, Idaho, and was formed six years before Idaho's statehood, when the Presbyterian Church's Wood River Presbytery, met in Shoshone. They formed a commission to examine the possibility of establishing a Presbyterian college somewhere in the Idaho Territory. In 1890, with the commission finding support for such a venture, the Presbytery accepted an offer from a group of Caldwell citizens, led by William Judson Boone, to locate the institution to Caldwell. In 1891, 19 students showed up at the College of Idaho for the first classes. The first classes were held downtown in the Caldwell Presbyterian Church. In 1892, a year later, the college moved into its own downtown building. The campus moved to its present site in 1910, when Henry and Carrie Blatchley donated 20 acres of land. Sterry Hall, a classroom and administration building, and Finney Hall, the first residence hall, were built that year. The second of five residence halls, Voorhees Hall, opened two years later. In 1991, to celebrate the college's centenary anniversary, the college changed its name to Albertson College of Idaho, in honor of Kathryn and Joe Albertson. As alumni, the Albertsons were generous benefactors of the college. They were also the founders of one of the country's largest supermarket chains, Albertson's, Inc. Albertson College is a residential, liberal arts college that prepares young adults to lead productive and fulfilling lives. The college provides an excellent education based on close student-faculty contact and a well-rounded course of study.

亚洲欧美日韩综合在线一区_亚洲欧美自拍另类制服图区_亚洲欧洲自拍图片专区